Other things

Saturday 7 September 2013

An Idiots Guide to Tinder

Whilst arranging a monthly catch up dinner with an old Uni pal this week, she asked if I had any goss for her.
Er what do you think
I typed back.
Her response; Have you tried Tinder? 

So I jumped on Google and gave this thing called Tinder a quick search.
The app that helps you meet people for sex

Typical, I thought. One of my smug-married friends pushing me to online dating - not only online dating but online casual sex. God, she must think times are v tough. 

Well, I stand corrected.

Tinder is an app, kind of a cross between Match, Google maps and that mega old site Hot or Not (remember that?!). Super quick to set up, your account links to FB to grab your profile pics, but don't worry, it defo doesn't appear on your feed. You can add a little bio line if you like and away you go! 

The app searches for men (or women - whatever you preference) in your area by mile radius, leaving you to simply sift through the pile; literally swiping them one way for no and the other for yes. If your lucky, every so often a little notification pops up letting you know you've made a match - you've yes'd them and they've yes'd you. Your matches then hang about on the right hand navigation bar, ready for you to strike up a little flirt convo. 

Boy is it addictive. I think I am intrigued by the seemingly endless pile of boy faces appearing on my screen, they're actually some pretty cute ones too. 

My top Tinder tips:

  • Don't swipe with hast - swiping through the hot or not's can get quite speedy, but with one false thumb move you could lose that cutie for good, BE WARNED
  • Don't get fooled by the clever people at Tinder telling you 'your children would be so cute' when you open up a chat for the first time - their sneaky and flirty and trying to get you chit chatting
  • Notice how many guys have their profile pics with girls, weird huh? Also a lot of them have naked snaps, ones where they are clearly wasted or ones with the lads in Zante 2012, leaving you guessing which one Dave, 28 actually is