Other things

Friday 24 January 2014

Dry January vs. Fun January

A little over two weeks ago l set myself just one resolution for the New Year. I resolved to have a lot more fun in 2014. So far my resolution is working out well.

I saw the New Year arrive in the best way possible; I spent it eating cheese with some of my closest chums. We danced about whilst Gary Barlow sang the midnight count down and we played saucy charades. 

I was glad to see the back of 2013. I very much wanted to draw a line underneath all the negativity, drama and general messiness. I welcomed 2014 with open arms. I hoped for one thing - fun. And so far things have been pretty much just that.

Firstly I have become a Cluedo champion. Myself and my housemate have been hosting vintage games nights. After he whipped me at Monopoly I thought I had best hone my skills detective skills and bring Professor Green out to play with the dagger in the bedroom. I invited the folks round last weekend. After we had demolished my speciality lasagne and Mary Berry's Toffee Apple and Pecan pudding, we battled over a few board games. Much fun was had by all.

Besides board games I've been playing a few boy games too. In fact, my poor thumbs have been over worked by all the texting. Texting boys has become my new hobby. This innocent little bit banter has been really comforting and so fun! I have never before realised how much fun I have at the end of my finger (or thumb) tips! Everyone likes a little text; a winky smiley, a few comedy emojis. What a way to brighten your day. It's certainly brightening mine. 

There was other resolution I attempted but failed very miserably at. I attempted dry January. I know, how rediculous. Needless to say I only lasted five days. This resolution very much conflicted with my only other one. How much fun can you have on a bottle of fizzy fruit flavoured water in a bar full of teenagers anyways? Tricky. Also I found my favourite bottle of red made my new texting hobby even more entertaining. My thumbs appear loosened after a glass of wine - my flirt found new boundaries. 

So here's to the New Year. Much fun (and wine) to be had by all.